Rare Tunisian Green Clay Masque | 100% pure, hypoallergenic, deep cleansing - Argil
Argil green clay is naturally pH-neutral - 7.24, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic.
One Ingredient: Argil green clay is naturally pH-neutral - 7.24, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic green clay from the Atlas Mountains in Mediterranean Tunisia.
It took us over a decade to trace a clay with this chemical composition. It is not a typical clay. Naturally pH-neutral and not reactive even for most sensitive skin, Katari Argil has extreme pulling power for drawing out impurities, black heads and clearing skin of excess oils and acne. Its mineral composition is packed with minerals that work on a cellular level to help regenerate skin and balance it out whether it is dry or oily.
Not just one mineral but a particular combination of them acts within Argil and makes it the best natural clay you can possibly find and use.
Here are some of the minerals that make Argil:
- Magnesium (Mg) – is vital for repairing and maintaining healthy body cells. Magnesium is an essential mineral linked to hundreds of metabolic processes within the body, affecting among other things nucleic acid production (DNA, RNA), which promotes regeneration of cells. Magnesium has an ability to cleanse your skin and detoxify the entire epidermis. Allergic reactions can be relieved or eliminated with the help of Magnesium. Magnesium enhances the natural hydration of your skin and encourages the production of collagen already present in your skin cells.
2. Calcium (Ca) – does a lot to keep your skin cells going:
- Regulates cell division, shedding off dead cells and encouraging new cell production
- Stimulates healthy skin color through pigment control
- Preserves moisture barrier to reduce dryness and increase in cell regeneration
- Responsible for production of age-defying and cancer-fighting antioxidants
- Positively affects nervous system, providing a calming effect
Calcium does a fine job preventing damage to the cell structure, fighting premature aging, developing resistance to wrinkles and skin cancer through its links to antioxidant production.
- Iron (Fe) – absorbed in the blood stream, this mineral helps transport oxygen to skin and hair, working together with Ca and Mg toward healthy hair growth. Iron in conjunction with other minerals found in Argil helps maintain hair color (slows down loss of pigments leading to grey hair) and prevents hair loss. Iron is also instrumental in promoting good skin tone.
- Gypsum (CaSO4) – another name for hydrous calcium sulfate - allows Argil to glitter, but not only. Gypsum clay masques have been used all over the world for many years to rid skin of acne. Although humans don’t have a need for Gypsum as a mineral supplement on its own, this element aids all others in the Argil’s composition to make it an even stronger agent to fight skin and hair problems.
- Organic Matter (aka good stuff) – decomposed organic plant and other calcium-laden matter from the ancient sea floor gives Argil its distinct color together with Iron Oxides (Iron enriched with Oxygen), which is very similar to the Dead Sea minerals and provides dozens of trace minerals for skin and hair nourishment.
- Acidity (pH) – Green Clay has a 7.26 pH-balance, which is acidity level closest to human blood. Products with pH significantly different from our skin contribute to proliferation of acne bacteria and other skin problems. Argil is neutral and nonreactive to skin, which helps rid skin of various problems by naturally balancing it.
Katari Green Clay or Argil naturally comes in dry chunks, which we collect by hand from our exclusive mountain quarry. Once collected, we sun dry it under hot desert sun.
We don’t add anything to Argil to make it better – it is naturally clean, pure, vegan and preservative-free. It is perfect ‘as is’. The only thing we do to Argil after it is dried is mill it for the convenience of your use and ease of packaging.
The fine powder has the same properties as the chunks. If you are so inclined as to use Argil in its natural ‘chunky’ state, please e-mail us and we will be happy to send you a sachet of dry chunks of Argil instead of a jar with a fine powder. It works just as well and it actually fun.
Storage & handling
It is indestructible. Storing dry unmixed Argil (green clay) is very easy. It is not affected by light or temperature. It just loves sitting in an air-tight container, preferably glass (just the way you get it from us).
Argil will absorb smells and moisture out of the air if left uncapped.
Please discard used and unused mixed clay mixture. If it is used, it already absorbed all kinds of impurities and toxins. And if it is not used, it is rather hard storing mixed batches, as Argil will dry out too quickly. It is much faster and easier to mix 1 tiny spoon of Argil powder fresh for each masque or spot application when needed.
Argil contains Iron, a mineral instrumental for blood supply to skin cells, which means that using metal accessories to mix Argil masques is not advisable, as metals will react to each other and will change chemistry of the masque. Please use Katari non-metal sustainable utensils or other non-metal utensils to avoid oxidation.
For oily, dry and combination skin:
For oily or combination skin, a green clay masque is perfect to balance natural sebum production and natural hydration level of skin. Dive deep into Green Clay Masque info in another page and learn how chemistry in this clay makes your skin (oily, dry or combination) perfect and healthy.
Use 2-3 times a week. Mix 1 teaspoon of Argil green clay with 1-2 spoons of warm water and apply to skin. Do not let dry completely. When skin feels tight, splash some warm water on the face to rehydrate the skin and make it easier to wash; and rinse the masque off. Follow with Hoba as moisturizer.
For acne-prone and oily skin with breakouts – you can use Argil facial masque as a spot treatment as often as you need.
Natural vegan recipe to get rid of acne naturally with Argil green clay:
When it comes to natural ways to clear skin and get rid of breakouts, adult or teenage acne, this green clay will surprise you. If you are tired of expensive and complex, there are easy ways to get rid of breakouts and easy DIY acne treatments with Argil. This is why Argil is a superior choice for homemade acne treatment:
- Acne proliferates in environment that is not pH neutral. Cleansing skin with a pH-neutral, (7.24) Argil tonic or masque will stop bacteria growth
- Trying to dry out acne with alcohol-based recipes or recipes that strip natural oils will lead to more oil production; and therefore, to more breakouts. Argil does not strip natural oils, yet it draws out excess oils, which is exactly what you need with acne-prone, oily skin.
- To get rid of acne naturally without harsh chemicals that might affect your hormones or other systems, choose a product that is harmless and not systemic. Argil does not absorb into blood stream (which makes it not systemic). It only adsorbs (pulls) toxins, excess oils and impurities to the surface.
Argil green clay works well on all skin types. Read more on our Argil page. Nothing needs to be added except for warm water and the easiest is to use it for 5-7 minutes under steam while in the shower, rinsing it off last and following up with a moisturizer (Hoba is perfect for it).
Argil can be used as often as needed. If redness occurs, it is a normal (though rare) reaction and means that Argil is doing its job by improving blood circulation and pulling blood to the surface. It is NOT an allergic reaction.
Argil has become an important part of my skincare routine. Really a great mask that leaves me with soft skin and happy poors. I refuse to use any other brands skincare brands. Everything just works so seamlessly together.
Katari products have helped tremendously with the overall texture of my skin not to mention Kate is wonderful :) I like using Argil on my breakouts.
The Argil masque is wonderful! My skin felt so soft after and it looked refreshed. My 12yr old daughter tried it and she was so excited that her acne actually looked better after one use. It calmed her skin down and her breakouts were far less red in appearance after the first use. Argil is a wonderful masque and the fact that it is a pure product with no added chemicals makes it even more amazing!
First of all, my representative, Kate is the best! She is on top of it, knowledgeable, fair, and lovely to work with! I love the products especially the Argil. It works wonders! My skin feels and looks wonderful.
This is truly one of those life changing products because of what it can do and so easily. I bought my first jar after using up the sample pack I had received. I’m having an issue with hair loss and after getting more info from the website, I know my hair and scalp are turning around. Can’t say enough about this product and all the others.