Black Castor Oil | 100% pure, cold-pressed hair & brow rehabbing & moisturizing oil
Black Castor Seed Oil is an ancient staple for keeping hair follicles strong and healthy. It is super viscous and generously rich in texture. It has very minimal earthy scent. It is a perfect natural hair strengthening and moisturizing oil.
One Ingredient: 100% pure oil cold-pressed from organically grown castor seeds (or beans)
Black Castor Oil has been used since antiquity for variety of beauty rituals. Though there is no scientific evidence (no studies) to show actual benefits of Black Castor Oil on hair growth, many people swear by it. It takes 6-8 weeks of daily application to see consistent results. For hair follicles to re-grow, you need at least a month to complete a growth cycle.
Main reason it works, is because for hair to grow, hair follicles need to be strong, moisturized, protected, and to have good blood supply. Black Castor Oil does it all and more. That is why it is perfect for boosting hair health and growth.
Here is what black castor oil does hair:
- thickens, strengthens and helps grow hair faster
- increases blood flow to scalp, promoting hair growth
- protects hair follicles and prevents hair loss
- protects from breaking
- reduces dry, itchy and flaky scalp issues
- great moisturizing oil for beards
Here are the benefits of black castor oil for eyelashes and eyebrows:
- hydrates, strengthens and promotes growth
Benefits of black castor oil for skin:
- extremely moisturizing
- antibacterial and antifungal
- anti-acne and anti-eczema
Black Castor Oil is a native of sunny African continent and is made pretty much the same way as it has always been - handpicked from small farms, beans roasted, and then cold-pressed without using heat.
The soil where Black Castor Oil beans grow are naturally fertilized by the sediments that are brought by rivers flowing and flooding into the Delta of the Nile. Rich, fertile soil of this region does not need chemicals. They are actually too expensive and also not allowed to use.
Black Castor Oil naturally contains very high amounts of ricinoleic acid, which is a fatty acid from Omega-9 family of acids, which has incredible antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
The bean from which the oil is pressed also contains a 'chemical' called ricin. Ricin is harmful if ingested. But it can only happen if you 'eat the beans'. Black Castor oil does not contain ricin, so no worries. Though do read our 'warnings' section for the best and safest use of this wonderful oil.
- do not ingest
- keep away from children; this oil looks like a delicious syrup and it definitely should not be eaten by anyone, especially little ones
- test on a patch under your armpit for about 24 hours to see if there is any irritation. Though a reaction is highly unlikely, we are all different and react differently to various natural ingredients, no matter how benign.
- if you get some oil in your eyes, rinse eyes with plenty of warm water to prevent irritation, if it occurs
How to Use Black Castor Oil
We recommend to use all oils on slightly wet skin (freshly washed hair, while hair is still wet). Also, using Black Castor Oil before going to bed is a great idea to let the oil do its hard work on making your hair, skin, and scalp feel better and healthier.
Black Castor oil has very thick and viscous consistency and it is best to use it when you are home for the evening, as it will be oily and shiny on your skin and hair.
- On wet hair, massage a few drops into scalp and let absorb
- If castor oil consistency is too think for you, you can always add a few drops of carrier oil, like Katari Hoba (pure jojoba oil)
- On dry hair as hot oil treatment (warm up oil in a little bowl in the bigger bowl of hot water), do not microwave or heat oil on the stove, massage into hair roots and ends and over entire length of hair, keep under a cap for 30 minutes and rinse
- Before bed, apply to scalp and hair roots and go to bed; wash (shampoo) in the morning if necessary
Eyelashes / Eyebrows:
- Using Katari hand-carved olive wood applicator, apply on eyelash line and on eyebrow line
- Repeat daily before going to sleep for 6-8 weeks to start seeing consistent results
- Wash off oil residue if necessary in the morning
- Avoid direct contact with eyes, wash with plenty of water if irritation occurs
I remember my grandmother used to put caster oil on my eyelashes when I was a little girl. I thought it was something she invented because I never heard of it again until I found Katari, and now I discovered that it also helps with dark circles and puffy eyes since I started using again. Thanks Katari!
Honestly, if you aren't using Katari products, you really need to reevaluate your life choices. These products will change your life.