The accessories set contains:
The age of plastic is gone. Instead we assembled handmade mixing accessories. Each is proudly made using thousand-year old techniques and some of these techniques are protected by UNESCO as ancient crafts. Read here more about our accessories and people who make them.
Apart of beauty and functionality, there is a reason we went out of our way to create a kit for mixing beauty products. Most clays contain metals and will oxidize when mixing in or with metal utensils. A lot of other products are reactive to other products and environments. You can have the best ingredients in the world and use them in a way that diminishes their effectiveness. We want our ingredients to outperform your expectations and offer our handmade accessories for mixing Katari or any other recipes at home.
Each kit contains a beautiful bowl made out of edible clay, a sustainably made mixing utensil our of hardy olive wood, a natural sea sponge for cleansing skin and a brush to apply a masque (brush is not handmade - on purpose).
To take advantage of natural ingredients for the best skincare treatment, nothing should interfere with the ingredients' natural healing powers. Mixing and storing beauty recipes in neutral (inert) environment will create the best result. Not only our set is custom handmade out of pure, lab-grade glass without ANY plastic mixed in, there is ZERO plastic in the entire set. We use high quality cork and glass only.
The 8-piece frosted glass kit contains the following:
1. Funnel - for pouring liquids and powders
2. Straw - use as a stirring stick or a dropper (by inserting bottom of the straw into any liquid and plugging the top with your thumb to hold on to the liquid on the other end of the straw while transferring this liquid to another container); take care not to cross-contaminate liquids.
3. Mixing bowl - add any liquids, powders and butters to create your own unique beauty recipe
4. Measuring spoon - scoop out powders or liquids before mixing them.
5. 30 ml jar with mini spoon - great for storing clay powders, lotions, scrubs, mixed masques and other recipes that are not very liquid and are easier to scoop out than pour out.
6. 30 ml bottle - wonderful for storing facial tonics or mixtures of various oils
7. 15 ml bottle - great for oils and flower waters (just a smaller quantity)
8. 5 ml amphorae bottle - travel size mini container for 'on the go / travel' beauty regimen or for some precious oil, similar to Katari Barie.
The kit is packed in a craft box in a way that it will make to you safely. We are working on options for beautiful and sustainable presentation. Right now our customers told us that box is not necessary after shipping, so we are looking at an option which will minimize packaging you will need to recycle and that will maximize your enjoyment of this exquisite beautifully made glass.